Switching over millions of ISDN users is a huge undertaking, hence BT has given consumers until 2025 to select an alternative. Around 40% of UK companies have already made the switch, saving money and upgrading their software in the process. If you aren’t one of them, perhaps you should be.
BT presented Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) nationally in 1986. ISDN is a set of communication standards for synchronised digital transmission of voice, video, data, and other network services over the traditional circuits of the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
Put simply, your standard telephone line is used to send voice and data over the same line. This is why you can make phone calls on a home telephone and plug your broadband router in to access the internet using the same port. Since then technology has moved on substantially, with advancements such as ultrafast broadband and ethernet products. Choosing the right telecoms solution is actually relatively straightforward, as there are some clear market-leaders.
What Are The Best Options?
Cost is usually the presiding factor when selecting a telecoms service. Consequently, solutions such as VoIP and SIP are the top alternatives, and conveniently enhance performance.
Session initiation protocol (SIP) services allow you to connect your phone system to the public phone network via IP data services rather than traditional fixed line telephone services such as ISDN and PSTN. This can provide big benefits in terms of scalability and functionality, and delivers cost savings.
SIP connectivity is now standard on most modern phone systems. It is available as a simple upgrade so you can maintain your investment in your existing system whilst enjoying the flexibility and cost savings of SIP services.
Top SIP Features:
• Business continuity and reliability (Xinix World provide multiple servers for your phone system to connect to as well as supporting inbound routing to multiple endpoints for superior reliability)
• Cost savings (SIP often includes free landline calls and other competitive, lower priced options)
• Scalability (individual SIP endpoint connections can scale from 1 to multiple channels, as per your requirement)
VoIP technology has transformed traditional telephone services, dominating TDM and ISDN systems with cheaper, more advanced solutions. However, the added flexibility and cutting-edge features of VoIP has led to its global appeal.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is the method of making phone calls over the internet or an internal network. This form of communication has become mainstream, with businesses choosing to cancel the landlines offered by traditional phone companies in preference of it. Businesses that choose VoIP tech reap major benefits, with the most common being reduced cost.
Top VoIP Features:
• Substantial savings (free and cheaper calls, plus no more expensive line rental)
• Enhanced flexibility (plug into your network from anywhere with Wi-Fi)
• Superior features (integration, greater control and analytics that transform your business communication)
• Higher resiliency (stay connected, ensuring business agility and productivity)
If you haven’t already enjoyed the business benefits of moving off ISDN, why wait? Xinix World is a performance leader, achieving operational excellence in the telecommunications industry worldwide.
Our cloud-based hosted phone system is simple and flexible, with powerful call management features. Our service is reliable and competitive.
We confidently offer a 30-day trial, so that you can evaluate the service for yourself.
Get in touch with one of the Xinix World team to arrange your free trial and join the millions of businesses who have already switched.